PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2nd series of ATPL ground school, is it worth pursuing a pilot career?
Old 15th Jan 2019, 13:45
pilotuser345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ollie135
Sorry to hear that you had a rough first sitting, I`m sure you've worked out where you went wrong and will sort it for next time. If you still want a career as a commercial pilot then it is absolutely worth continuing in my opinion, you will still get to the airlines etc (if that's your goal) but it might just take a few extra years, you may even get a more `hands on` flying job doing survey, skydive, bush flying etc and enjoy it more for a few years. You may have dented your chances on getting a jet job straight out of flight school, my advice to accept that a crack on- whats the rush to get to the airlines anyway?

Good luck.
Thank you for the reply.

The rush is because I'm 26 and pilot training costs will amount to a near £100,000 which is still a loan that needs to be payed back.

Could you please explain in more detail it just takes a few extra years to get to an airlines statement? I don't quite understand it.

Also when you say you have dented your chances on getting a jet job straight out of flight school, does this mean that there are 0 airlines in the UK/European region that would not consider trainees with a 2nd attempt at groundschool?