PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unbelievable - family forced to sit in the aeroplane floor
Old 14th Jan 2019, 19:15
3db

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final 3 greens
About 5-7 years ago I made my first booking with a LoCo. Booking software insisted wife and myself could sit on same seat - couldn't change anything on-line. Contacted customer service, after the hour or more wait. Ask for refund, Told we have your money, f*** off (anticipating problems, I was recording the call). Had to issue a County Court summons, airline did not attend. Judgement in my favour. Airline didn't pay. Bailiffs instructed, who told me they would get payment. Seems its a regular occurrence, they turn up with bolt cutters for main gate early in the morning and a wheel clamp. They phone airline (they know the number as its regular), airline pay up. It worked for me, but I wonder how cost effective it really is, even if most people don't issue a summons.
More concerning is in spring this year we need to fly same carrier as it is the only convenient carrier. Booked, no problem as far as I know, but entered my email address as a new user, it "welcomed me back" as a satisfied passenger. I will judge that after the flights!