PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2019, 16:41
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MANFOD
Two of those articles are from early 2018 and the other two from 2017. I'm not saying Virgin trains are perfect by any means but are you aware of the shambles of the May'18 timetable changes (not all the fault of train operators admittedly) or that Northern have had strikes every Saturday for months and months with further cancellations of some Sunday services.

Anyway, as 22/04 wrote, back to thread. Not being aware of all the legal implications, I am nervous about Mr T's intervention by buying that chunk of shares. There was a reported denial that it was done to scupper the deal but it begs the question why he would pay the price he did if he was only going to get 1p for them. How likely is it that it would force a higher offer?
Last time I looked Northern aren’t planning to run an airline...............
.....................back to thread.

Why would any shareholder want to sell for 1p if 4p is available in the market. Of course if all shareholders sold in the market the price would come down to the offer price and the bidding company would mop them up for cash. This is not going to happen in this case because the offer is by scheme of arrangement so Connect will not buy any shares until they have the agreement of 75% of shareholders. So assuming that Tinkler isn’t just throwing his money away you have to assume that there is another bid on the way but whether Tinkler has tied his hands by publicly declaring that he is only making an investment and won’t interfere with the bid, I don’t know. As a well known EU negotiator said, “The clock is ticking” and I do hope that these people don’t hate each other so much that they are prepared to destroy this airline just to score points.