PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tipping your flight attendant? Coming soon to your airline . . .
Old 12th Jan 2019, 22:04
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tescoapp
Never too myself either unless it's something unusual. Exectpt my kid has been a little sod is and created a mess. And they have been lovwlo about it.

Did once see a weigie offering a tip to a united crew. Go on a diet... I think he got deporyed.
I always try to buy a box of choccies (celebrations etc) for the crew for wheels to the hotel. Always seems to go down well.

I am a military bloke who is just about to transition to the civilian world by the way. never had more than a single flight attendant equivalent (we call them loadmasters, they chain stuff in, hit me on the back of the head when I get it wrong and do the trim sheets on my behalf). Im off to fly longhaul with a UK airline, london hub.

this is my first civilian job.

if amyone has got any top tips as to:

1) be helpful without getting in the way
2) not narking anyone off. anything people do without intending to cause issue/offence etc
3) getting involved in fun downroute whilst not imposing myself. Ive had a few captains and copilots who imitate an olympic torch.. ie never go out. We have a crew of 3 for up to 54 pax, so its not been a big crew! Whilst im not expecting party central, is it realistic to expect the odd down day adventure? Ive done 20 years in some pretty horrendous places, so this is all vey new!

We had some fleets that were very back end front end concious, not sure if this exists or not in the civilian world, I hope not, and fortunately this did not affect either of my two fleets.

I make a mean cup of tea and like to get stuck in.

most appreciative for any advice.

Best wishes.