PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2019, 23:28
morningcoffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnpilot
Okay United, if it makes you feel better till the 20th, it is going bust on the 20th. Let's see what you have to say on the 21st then, when it is still in business. I don't have a vested interest in the outcome as I am not working for them. A very good friend of mine, a man of immense integrity who is in management though, told me that OPS are normal and that they have paid off the debt with fresh money.

The money was given to them under direct orders of the Chinese government. The airline is a symbol of Chinese prosperity in the old colony. They will integrate it, into another mainland airline, thus it is one of theirs. It cannot fail, while Swire is doing well. Loss of face and all.

As for the objections of the other carriers, all Chinese airlines are effectively state property, as are banks, thus nothing happens unless they have clear orders from the Boss and the party. Maybe you have better information than my friend. He was also baffled by the bail out, as he did not think that they would have survived in the western world.

I would be interested to know though, how you know that their bookings have nosedived and yours gone up by 30%? How would you know that if you work for Cathay? Do you have a software which tracks, forward bookings for all competitor airlines? If you have access to such a software, could you point me in the right direction as it would be a very nice tool to have at my disposal. Usually such commercially sensitive information is difficult to find, so I am sure if you have access to such software I could make some money with it.

TaTa
I’m always curious when someone pulls “facts” out if their ass wihout a link and then tells you to do a google search. Here’s flightglobal a month ago on HNA and it isn’t pretty

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...to-201-454198/