PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset?
Thread: Headset?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2019, 21:20
callum_62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by double_barrel
Getting a decent noise cancelling headset absolutely transformed my flying experience. I bought a Bose QC35 noise cancelling 'entertainment' headset with the Avee adapter ( www.getavee.com ) and absolutely love them. The package was half the price of a Bose A20 and, as far as I can tell, just as good from an audio point of view, although possibly not as robust. And I have a really good entertainment headset as part of the deal - I use it all the time when flying as a passenger in big aeroplanes.

Three professionals who have tried my system immediately went off and ordered one for themselves. If I was to do it again, I would probably consider the Sony WH-1000XM3 headset for which Avee also make an adapter and which is reputed to have better noise cancelling. Although how relevant an audiophile's review is to the din in a Cessna is probably debatable!
This is interesting, as surely 'entertainment' headphones are probably lighter and less clunky that typical aviation sets

Means I could watch the football at home without the missus complaining about the volume too.... :-D

On the downside as mentioned, no one will know im a Pilot!

Im curious to the durability of these type of designs? I see theres a couple of different options - Avee, Uflymike and NFlightmic