PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2019, 20:49
Rotate15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yesse

My friend, the agencies are trying the imposible to bring pilots because many of local guys left to Bamboo Airways. They promise everything, but there are a lot of local guys waiting for the upgrade, and some foreigners flying 787 and 350 already. The real thing is that i don't think that the upgrade opportunity is real if some new guys are coming. They are recruiting a lot of local cadets also, more than 500 starting this 2019, so i don't think that even for the foreigners working for VNA already, will have any chance to be upgraded... is a joke the quantity of lies that the agencies are inventing with VNA. If you just want to be in VNA for a couple of years, i think is ok, but forget about any chance to be upgraded...

That is a big lie. About the income, 9200 USD for FO A350 or 787. If you are alone, you can live with 1000 usd plus 1000 more for the rent ( just single room apartment ).

If you are with wife and children, forget it... You will just survive month by month. You have to go by yourself to the airport ( 45 minutes from Hanoi or 30 minutes to 1 hour in Saigon ). Forget about drive a car, you will pay 30.000 usd for a car worth 10.000 usd out of VN. There are many good things, but not everything is good.

The people is nice, but also the corruption and cheating is everywhere. This is a third world country, beautiful somehow, but not everybody could get use to this. So, as i said, if you just want to try for a couple of years, is perfect. After that i would recomend you to leave as soon as you can, because they just could fire you with 60 days notice, as they did with all the SFO one year ago, and if you don't have plan and savings... Would be a huge problem, because can't do many things with just 60 days.

Think well, i am being asked for many friends about these positions also, my answer is the same, stay away ane never listen the lies of the agencies. One of them he came anyway, and after 2 months just left ( and i am talking about a Captain, you could imagine as FO ). I hope this could help. Good luck!!
Hello Yesse,

Thank you for the detailed reply. Lots of useful information about the company.
Cheers