Thread: Bristol-5
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2019, 19:42
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OltonPete
787 ops from BRS

I knew about the Dubrovnik, Cancun x 2 and Sanford but not the Larnaca or Dalaman.

Sal on the...………….I thought the 757 was not operating from BRS in 2019 or was that just rumour? I know the 738's can operate Gatwick to Cape Verde but Bristol?

Not a bad with 5 based aircraft some days.

Pete
Larnaca and Dubrovnik on the 787 next summer were announced some time ago - it's only one of the TUI rotations each week to these destinations. The second Cancun rotation effectively replaces the Punta Cana rotation of summer 18, and Sanford remains at weekly as last summer.

The change seems to be Sal. It was originally assumed to be a 787 job - the type operated the route last summer - but the Sal 787 now appears to have been shifted to Dalaman.

It does seem that BRS's two based 757s will be gone by summer 19 apparently to be replaced by two 738s giving a base of 4 x 738 plus a 787-8 operating five days each week, so the 787 will be seen for an extra day each week compared with summer 2018. It must be presumed that Sal will be a 738 next summer - a huge drop in capacity from a 787 which saw high load factors last summer. If the 757s are going that will obviously amount to a loss of many thousands of seats next summer.

The airport management said recently that it still expects 2019 to pass through the 9 mppa barrier. 2018 is ikely to finish between 8.6 million and 8.7 million. Reaching 9 mppa would represent a smaller annual passenger increase than recent years have seen but with TUI's apparent drop in capacity and only middling increases by easyJet, the main supplier of growth at the airport, it's difficult to see where the extra passengers will come from to meet the airport's projection. However, the third Thomas Cook based aircraft will alternate between a 320 and a 321 in various parts of the summer according to another website. That would mean that at times the base would be 3 x 321s. If so that should add a few thousand extra seats but would not compensate entirely for the TUI drop.

I've read no official announcements that the 757s are going or that Thomas Cook will be upgrading its third aircraft at times next summer, but the TUI 757 'rumour' does seem to be generally accepted as being true.