PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2019, 14:36
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by intheblue
Join the party mate!
It's been like this for the last 6 years.
Now they're encouraging cabin crew to promote to the flightdeck. I mean.. it's not a big difference after all.. between selling snickers and twix...all they need to do is save up 40-50k from their salaries and get the atpl. Then Wizy can bond them for the type and voila! This industry has gone to the can.
At least I get to sleep in my own bed. Looking for a way out already, don't see myself doing the 900h till 40 years old. I pity the old guys in here.
Happy landings!
Many companies are encouraging Cabin Crew to Flight Deck, this is not something new.
As many "newbie" pilots, will do anything to get in the flight deck door, and believe it will put them in the right environment for networking, connections and maybe get a chance.
These will normally be CC with CPL and IR, so it's not "newbie" CC they are promoting.
Actually it is a good way for people to learn the ins and outs of the company, I have seen many promoted this way, and I would say this shows real dedication and motivation, and 100 times better than some Compass test to find the "right people"

The issue with Wizz Air, is that they did not always take the right people, they took the people who had the money to bribe the right people to get into the flight deck.
As the company has such a corrupt past, it's impossible to know if some of the people they recruited could be the wrong people, only time will tell. As far as I know the company was rotten to the core, if they still are, who knows.