PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurowings Europe F/O
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 16:48
a32officer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Aviators ,

I just passed my SIM Screening on the A320 - it went great I must admit. The assessment pilots tried everything to calm us down, even gave us some candy bars (want to have some candy just follow me to EW).
Initially I had to follow the Weser 2C (WSN2C) departure with coneventional navigation sources, followed by the LBV holding and the STD Approach out of LBV for ILS 15. Than STD missed approach followed by radar vectors for NDB 23.

Departure: Normal T/O - use your procedures and don`t overreact on the side stick.
ILS 15: Descent planning out of the hold + speed managment and early config is the key.
Holding: STD Holding briefing - nothing special expected
NDB 23: Very rough briefing from my side, they put me a bit under pressure in order to stay on time with the sim sessions - but it went well in limits
Landing: Very easy, they tell you when to IDLE the PWR and when to flare

Airbus: Very easy to fly - very good advice from my IP "Touch it like Dog-**** - Take it with two fingers" and only think in 2D - means don`t pitch and roll together, one after the other. I did my prep in a A320 fixed base Sim in EDDF/FRA at Happy Landings with an IP from Aegean. Can highly recommend them.

Next Steps: Heeeelpppp - I am not good in interviews. I am scheduled for the 18 of Jan in EDDH. Any hints, any infos?

Happy new yeat to all of you