PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Ops to Norfolk Island
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 05:11
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zanzibar
Are you suggesting, LeadSled, that it's no different to a MEL-SYD or BNE-ASP flight etc. with no Customs requirements?
If so, you need to read the links I gave earlier re the NLK formalities.

One excerpt: " All arriving aircraft will be subject to customs clearance formalities, including providing a copy of the last port Certificate of Clearance (or equivalent) to ABF."

The only "domestic" aspect is as per per the Migration Act 1958 (Commonwealth) which states "This means that passenger movements between the Australian mainland and Norfolk Island will be considered domestic travel for immigration purposes."

Otherwise - "The Norfolk Island Customs Ordinance 2016 will apply a modified version of the Customs Act 1901 and associated regulations on Norfolk Island. This means that people and goods arriving in, and leaving from, Norfolk Island will remain international movements for customs purposes."
Zanzibar,
I have re-read all those references, (and a few more) and I see no bar to the original question, can you operate to from a non "international" airport in Australia to Norfolk, on a private flight, being yes.
There is obvious grounds for confusion when all the explanatory material refers to airline flights, but my reading of the actual legislative amendments does not suggest that private flights from Australia must originate from a Customs and "International" airport.
That there is still ABF paperwork at Norfolk is clear, but I can see no legislative mandate that the aircraft must have departed from another ABF controlled facility.
Tootle pip!!