PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why...?
Thread: Why...?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2019, 14:43
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traf--I appreciate seeing ya back and hope things are going well for ya. And thank you for the sage comments. Thanks for still giving a damn about your friends who may still be here. Although it's probably a strong blessing to view the place from outside.

One thing that's useful (even though this forum is public) is that what happens in HKG has the potential to affect others (who are or might be on a base--even though I say that a bit tongue in cheek) -- either there or if considering returning to HKG. There seems to be an information/action vacuum and it's worthwhile to hear insights.

One of the cardinal sins of negotiations (again using the word 'negotiations' a bit tongue in cheek) is to rush into something--especially if there's fine print or conditions yet to be decided. I can't fathom how anyone could approve a TA which relinquishes future leverage under nonbinding promises to address other issues still in flux. Who does stuff like this ? I can understand coming to agreement with terms of a specific letter of agreement or understanding -- but that agreement would affect ONLY that particular LOU/LOA and not wheedle its way into OTHER issues (or demand conditions outside of the specific LOU until the entire package was set in stone).

I remain baffled by the entire scene.