PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestwick-2
Thread: Prestwick-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2019, 10:02
ScotsSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...iness-46730491

They now owe £38.4M to the Scottish Government, or more accurately, the taxpayer. Refuelling doing better but overall performance is weakening.
True the debt to the Scottish Governmemt has gone up although this is within a planned loan agreement and my reading of the financials is that overall performance has improved with increases in refuelling, aviation related activities (FBO?), cargo and even PAX up by 4% although I doubt if there’s any profit in the 700k pax from FR. so revenues up and expenditure down (relative to increased revenue). Overall for me heading in the right direction and with the investment put in by the Scottish Governmemt this should allow extra business to be built up. The click is still ticking though as they need to start eating in to the debt or the secondary runway will be sold off to service that debt. There’s enough solid and profitable aviation activity at PIK to maintain the airfield and the associated jobs although it remains to be seen whether PAX is sustainable