PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth to London
Thread: Perth to London
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2019, 02:53
JJJ01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry but I feel compelled to come out of the woodwork and call you out Rated De.

Exactly what your motivation is to spend hours and hours on here constantly degrading Qantas and it’s management, with your “expert” financial and market analysis, just mystifies me. It’s clear to me you don’t work for Qantas. I’ve worked for Qantas for nearly two decades, I joined as a very young aviator and with a very average academic record and no tertiary education I’ve been able to provide for my family beyond my wildest dreams.

Your moniker for Alan Joyce is devoid of wit and I find it pathetic, it highlights your true IQ. I’ve never met the man, and I’m fairly certain I’ve never even laid my eyes on him in the flesh in all this time. I care about him as much as he would care about me. But your relentless name calling and put downs underscores your maturity, I am picturing you sitting in your parent’s study bashing all this drivel out, while life passes you by.

Are you also posting your pearls of aviation management wisdom on the Wannabe Airline Executive Forum, or sharing your insights with the online community who also play the airline simulation games? If you were as smart as you clearly think you are, you might yourself be sitting on QCA1 actually running Qantas. But, alas, you’re not.

Most pilots at Qantas don’t particularly like the management or think they are doing a very good job. I’m in this bucket myself. I would have bought 777s and 787s 15 years ago, and foregone all the quad engine gas guzzlers. I also would have bought bitcoin and sold it a year ago (I just didn’t get around to it).

Rated De, I very much look forward to you starting an airline, or taking one over. You can then go to Boeing and Airbus with your multi billion dollar cheques and buy hundreds and hundreds of efficient twins, and just start flying them all over the world. You’ll be paying the pilots at top market rates so there’ll be no issues attracting “talent” (I understand Qantas now use this term to describe new hires).

Finally - if only ASIC (the entire organisation that is) was as insightful as you are. All that white collar crime going on in Bourke Rd (sorry Rated De, it hasn’t been Coward St for years) would be enough to see Alan and co locked up for life for all the very serious breaches (you alledge) of the Corporations Act, among others I’m sure. It’s amazing (to borrow a word from the actual CEO) that such corporate atrocities are being committed, and on such a spectacular scale as described by yourself Rated De, right under ASIC’s nose and yet they can’t see it. Undoubtedly, you are also wiser than all the partners at KPMG (the auditors) put together, as they too cannot see what you can, despite having access to the actual books, which you dont. And I bet they’re on the hook too, auditing the books of a publicly listed company must surely make one liable when, down the track, the corruption is finally exposed. Or do you think ASIC and KPMG are also involved in this conspiracy?

oh and one last thing Rated De. I find it mildly ironic, that the bulk of your ranting on here is about a new fleet for Qantas (we get the message by the way, no need to reiterate it each time). But now we see a new theme creeping in whereby you are also critising Qantas’s 787 PER-LHR - did you realise this is actually a “new” aeroplane flying a new and challenging route? So poor old Alan just can’t win with you. Doesn’t buy new jets, gets criticised. Buys some new jets, flies them directly to Europe, gets criticised. I’d feel sorry for the lad if it wasn’t for the $26 million he got last year to cheer him up.

So Rated De. It’s now 2019. How about you get out more, meet some new people (hopefully even a special one) and enjoy yourself. Less smashing of keyboards about how bad a job a bunch of people in Sydney are doing (not sure how the record profits reconcile with that, but let’s leave that or we’ll be here all day). I don’t think your cover is blown, so you might perhaps even apply for a job here and put your passion into action. You might even make a difference.

Have a a great year everyone.