PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ERJ-145 with FlyBMI - a good first job?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2019, 02:47
Intrance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by antonov09
Type rating at Ryanair is 4K not 20k. Lots of competition at cadet entry level. It ain’t a gimme like some people on this forum seem to think.
I'm sure it has changed or something, last time I even remotely looked at Ryanair it was I think even 30k, but whatever. Missing my main point though. It's funny how in bad times with very little companies hiring, pay2fly is the worst thing ever. But now with it being a fairly good time for pilots to get a job, suddenly people give recommendations to pay for the honor to fly a nearly dead type.

Seriously people, all I'm saying is that if you spend that kind of money, at least spend it wisely and don't take blind recommendations to accept the first thing that comes your way. I have experienced the problems with hours on smaller types or under a certain weight limit not being valued for what it is. So the OP is right to ask the questions, and mostly just gets a load of other pilots who don't care to actually read, calling him/her arrogant for "not wanting to fly the ERJ" and telling him/her to accept the first damn thing.