PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2019
Thread: NPAS News 2019
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2018, 00:09
tigerfish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NPAS was merely a Governmental programme to run down UK Policing, which they believed at the time was unnecessary expenditure, and in a modern society was no longer required. We were at peace with not only ourselves, but the world in general. Therefore to spend money on defence, - both internal and external was just wasting money! Air support to the Police was typical of that credo! The Joy rider had been beaten back, new methods of car security had been developed. The criminal mind would never again be a threat! So run down policing and reduce Air Support to just something useful for pre planned events. Crime was a thing the past and no longer needed to be considered!
Who was the Home Secretary who pushed that one through? TM. Who was the Chief Constable, later Met Police Commissioner who majored on that? HH I believe! Who was the Architect of NPAS? AM!
NEVER forget who were responsible for this mess!

I learned at the very start of my career. "Never be kind (Or trust) the Criminal, for to the criminal, kindness is a weakness, and weaknesses are to be exploited". They never understood or countered that problem. They believed that the criminal had been beaten and as a result steadfast Policing was no longer required! History has shown so many times that such attitudes can bring disaster! e.g. England's failure to recognise the rise of Nazi resurgence in the early 1930"s.

Efficient Police Air Support is not a luxury, but a vital exponent of 21st century Policing. Drones too have their use, but must be operated properly by operationally skilled and trained Police staff.

TF