PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth to London
Thread: Perth to London
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2018, 23:05
ExtraShot

Received 33 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
chuboy - Qantas passenger service has reduced a lot over the years and infact is a LCC on a number of legs only with the premium price - You know this when "We wish a warm welcome to all our Qantas passengers" is made by cabin crew wearing Jetstar uniforms.

I have no bone to pick, only I think it is arrogant that you and others treat other people in a sub-standard way and think wreaking 45 peoples plans is fine, because someone ticket got paid to a value of $10,000.

Where did I say it was a "Failure"?

I was saying if economy pax are not important (and make no money) do not sell them tickets at all - only sell First, Businesses & freight. Then no low yeilders will get bumped and have their plans changed.

Keep in mind a lot of the low yeild passengers have indirectly paid for those $10,000 tickets and a few helicopter rides and other perks.

I write it again... Not 45 people. 45 seats. The load factors are around 90%, not 100%, so you could say around 20 odd people are called up earlier in the day or week and asked if they would go via Singapore on the QF72 / QF1, or a day earlier or later. If those individuals are canny enough they might ask for some minor compensation, perhaps it is even offered. Maybe a little disappointment not getting to go on the new fandangled direct Service, but they bought the cheaper tickets with their terms of carriage, and ultimately they get to the destination. And remember, out of 365 services I’d be surprised if it happens on 10%, maybe 20% of them, and it ensures the service remains profitable.

There may be lots of reasons to bash Management, but credit where it is due, this ain’t it.

Last edited by ExtraShot; 28th Dec 2018 at 00:03.