PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian burning cash!
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2018, 08:03
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pippobaudo
It's always interesting to read PPRune.......it seems that the Airline always choose the wrong CEO....the wrong financial Managers.......you are all here! So let me understand (I am not that clever in those topics), IAG wish to spend a considerable amount of money to buy Norwegian and then......shut it down.
An asset with important figures in terms of passengers and network, more then 100 aircraft, good load figures especially during the high season quarters, less cost for the company per flight (the salary of a BA crew doing let's say 65/70 hours is for sure higher then the one in Norwegian), good feedback from the passengers (new plane, comfortable seats, modern IFE for all the class.......)......
I guess that if they will manage to cut the cost and solve the engines problem (maybe with some IAG people mentoring they might solve the issues faster then normal), Norwegian as the potential to be a very important asset........a huge amount of “holiday” pax they fly only if they have cheap ticket........if Norwegian is gonna shut down they are not going to revert to BA ir similar......they just won't fly.
Just my 1 cent ��
The operation will exist, after IAG/A another asset strip the landing slots, aircraft and order book. It just wont be run by NAS and its head office.

You are also assuming that the lady doth not protest too much with respect to engine issues? IAG doesnt seem to be using this as an excuse for their 78 fleet.

If the load figures are not translating into sufficient revenue to cover costs, divvy then stow cash in the good times (i suggest with fuel prices as they are this is a good time) plus some in reserve to cover unknown unknowns, its gonna go bust at some stage.