PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 gross over-run accident. Time overdue to fix the simulator syllabus.
Old 25th Dec 2018, 06:43
Uplinker

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts
Anybody who: Flies an approach at Vref +65kts with a 16kt tail wind, (tailwind limit for a 737 is 15kts?); Continues the approach while multiple GPWS alerts are sounding; Flies over the threshold with only flap 5 - AND CONTINUES THE LANDING - (in a normal fully serviceable aircraft), is clearly not a Captain, or even a pilot. I mean, this beggars belief !!!!!!!!!!!

I think serious questions need to be asked about the Captain’s log book and licence, and the training organisation he trained under. I would not be at all surprised if it was faked, or there were fraudulent elements.

One occasionally hears about practicing medical Doctors who are exposed as fakes, with made-up qualifications and invented experience, sometimes after having been treating patients for years, and the same thing obviously happens in aviation. In the company I fly for, there was a chap who tried to join as a direct entry Captain, but luckily the trainers noted how crap he was in the SIM and unceremoniously showed him the door.

Questions need to be asked about the relevant CAA in this case and the checking procedures they employ. I smell corruption somewhere.