PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS Pilatus PC24
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2018, 05:50
compressor stall

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
And I’d guess there’s a lot of commonality in the automatics between the two, so not much of the “what’s it doing now” mode confusion to new trainees on type as seen in pilots going on to Airbus and Boeing.

Without trivialising it, any half decent PC12 pilot should be able to adapt to the steeper profile of the jet, the lack of speed control with propeller and it being a bit slipprier, and a bit more inertia. And two engines, for which asymmetric training which can be sorted in the sim. And it won’t take 18 months. There is an undercurrent of bitterness/prejudice in some posters (or maybe they’re from the same IP address&#128512 towards the current of RFDS pilots as not being able to cope with the “big step.” One can only guess at that motivation.

FWIW I came to the RFDS KingAir from a 6 seater unpressurised piston twin. It was my first turbine and my first pressurised aircraft (and there was no sim) But I had bush time, which was obviously weighted accordingly. All things being equal, it is easier to to train a pilot experienced in an environment into an aircraft than to train an experienced aircraft pilot into an operating environment.

Last edited by compressor stall; 24th Dec 2018 at 06:02.