View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2018, 10:08
  #1808 (permalink)  
Mac the Knife

Plastic PPRuNer
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 1,862
"There have been reports that in fact this is not the case - people trying that who have been abroad for long enough get treated as health tourists and/or immigrants and denied NHS treatment until they've been back for a year (or whatever it is), much to their (ill-informed) surprise."

My brother (doctor, UK) tells me that this is true

"You will need a resident permit and that will require a police check."

Have you ever tried to get a Spanish residence permit or a French Permis de Séjour as a foreigner?
Mountains of paperwork, several years and a demonstrated reason why ("Oh, I just felt like it", won't do)

You, Sir are dead wrong!

Mac the Knife is offline