PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Aircraft Purchase
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2018, 08:03
Council Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maoraigh1
"Not long ago a share was available in a Cessna 120 not far from me, I was tempted but knew I could not justify the cost per year."
I'm surprised someone employed as a jet pilot couldn't afford the annual expence of flying a Group aircraft. Have you looked seriously for shares near you? It's probably cheaper than you think.
To be honest it was more of a bit of a nice idea' partly due to the fact that free time is not at a premium in the busy Summer season and obviously in a simple aircraft the UK weather is often not VFR friendly in the winter when I have more rostered days off.

If all became irrelevant in June for the time being as my medical has been suspended for at least 2 and a half years due to Leukemia and obviously there is a chance I might never fly again at all, never mind get a class one and be able to retuern to my airline job.

However both my teenage children want to be airline pilots and if they can not get on to one of these 'mentored schemes with the likes of easyjet' I will revisit buying a share so that they can hours build in the old school method as I did to become a flying instructor and ultimatly airine pilot.

In the mean time if any one needs a grounded airline pilot to keep them company on a nice little flight on an early June Summer evening and I am fit enough to come along for the ride by then get in touch.

I used to fly a Turbine Islands for a living, transiting back to base at 500 ft on the radio altimeter flying around the villages and properties we came across on a late Spring evening. Is there any better way to spend your life and be paid to do it as well? Best days of my flying career.

Enjoy every flight and make the most of every day as you never know what fate has in-store for you tomorrow.

Regards CV.

Last edited by Council Van; 22nd Dec 2018 at 12:14.