PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS Pilatus PC24
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2018, 07:18
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by FGD135
You came up with $20K per pilot per year in perks. That is $100K per year for just the pilots. Now what about the nurses and doctors? The pilots would be the low men on the totem pole. The nurses and doctors would be on more.

The nurses would be on 1.2 - 1.5 times the pilot's salary, conditions and perks. Reasonable? For the doctors, it could easily be 2-3 times. Reasonable? I once heard that the remote RFDS doctors were on packages that were north of $300K pa, so I don't think unreasonable. Let's be generous and call it 1.5 times for this particular group of doctors and nurses, so that makes $150K pa for the nurse and doctor perks.

The annual rental for all the houses would be about $280K, so adding these three figures together (100K, 150K, 280K) gives us $530,000 for the year.

FDG I have actually asked you to list the "perks"! You failed!!

I stated that as per the RFDS EA that the pilots in Broome could get around $10,000 in a remote area allowance (because they live in a more expensive location than Perth).

I also said that they can get around $10,000 in a accommodation allowance (if they rent or own a home in Broome).

However if they use company housing they must pay 5% + 3% of total salary for rent and utilities, they will NOT get the accommodation allowance. So only $10K per pilot

My personal belief is that the pilots that live in Broome are expected to find their own accommodation.

Your doctors and nurses claims are laughable, mostly as one poster stated they just jump in any plane and do the job - don't need jet type rated doctors and nurses. But if the jet creates extra work then they might need more, but that destroys your argument completely.

Now your 5 extra pilots to fly a single crew aircraft - how many pilots are currently based in Broome? How Many will get type rated on the jet?

I would imagine the Senior Base Pilot would get a bit upset if he did not get an endorsement and very surprised if all Broome crew were not given ratings. So there may be no extra pilots or medical staff required for the jet basing in Broome even if this is an extra aircraft it would not require 5 extra pilots to crew it 24/7.

So again FDG I am interested to hear from you what "perks" you think the RFDS base pilots get or for that matter medical staff. The list of doctors in Perth north and south of $300K you would find interesting! $300K a year is not uncommon for many outside aviation.