PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Community service flights new rules
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2018, 05:14
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by YPJT
Does Angel Flight allow NVFR with the passengers? I have positioned prior to or after the flight by myself NVFR but never with the passengers on board.
The Victorian tragedy sent shivers down my spine at the time and I am surprised CASA didn't jump on this sooner.
Folks,
On the basis of some of the logic here, why not extend the proposal to ALL PRIVATE FLYING, except for the pilot of the aircraft and other pilots, who could reasonably be expected to understand the risk of being a passenger in a light aircraft versus an A-380.

After all, some years ago, CASA proposed a "PRIVATE OPERATIONS AOC", which was to be required for all operations except the carriage of the "immediate family" of the owner/pilot.

Just extend the "ONE STANDARD OF SAFETY" one step further down the food chain than "charter" (Part 135)

After all, SAFETY IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY, forget practicality, common sense, precedent and the right of people to take charge of their own lives. After all, it is well recognised that the greatest contribution to "more safety" is more bureaucracy ---- isn't it??

I know, from real world experience, that people getting into a C206 know it is an NOT airline aircraft. The balance of risk and consequences is meaningless if you demand that the only outcome, aviationwise, is zero death or injury. That is NOT risk management.

One of the things I have battled for years is the dumb bxxxxrds who want to ban two kids in one seat, based on a ridiculous pommy analysis that in turbulence they could clap head, despite the fact that, from the very first Flying Doctor flight with Fred McKay and Arthur Affleck, we have carried two kids in one seat, and there has never been a consequential injury. A while ago now, two of us in two C-182s evacuated a whole bunch of kids from one of the Cape Missions to hospital in Cairns (the other was Tony Mathews --- many of you will remember the Flying Parson from Normanton) during a raging flue epidemic. Would it have been "safer" to get those kids to medical attention days later??

How many would have died --- but not on an aircraft.

Tootle pip!!