PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 18th Dec 2018, 17:26
Pozidrive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sycamore
Pozi,I`ll try to clarify a bit,p56 #1117; if you undo the nut at the `spider end`,and the gearbox back-plate,you`should be able to remove the hyd. unit complete,leaving the t/r supported on the rotor mast,which has internal splines at it`s `top-end #1102.The spider/slider have splines matching the mast-splines,but it is difficult to determine if there is a lock-nut at the end of the rotor mast as well.The pitch control rod must run through the piston to the feedback link,and the piston limits it`s travel at each end of the jack...That`s how I see it,unless anyone can produce a full `cutaway drawing.
Thank you, you seem to be agreeing with me!
A sectional drawing of this particular unit would indeed be helpful, some of the examples posted have been "schematic" and don't show the arrangement of the control shaft and outer (hollow) shaft.

Understand how the TR will stay where it is, supported by its own bearings. But wouldn't removing and replacing the hydraulic unit be complicated by the fit of the duplex bearing? However, this isn't really relevant to the incident.