PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aberdeen-2
Thread: Aberdeen-2
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2018, 18:00
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard Taylor
Bring back Dan-Air... or B-Cal!

Fact is Aberdeen with its one-horse industry is out of favour with airlines, who now struggle to break even on the scheduled business routes. Hence the loss of freqs on some & complete loss of the route on others.

Maybe the answer is a new local start-up using suitable-sized equipment (talking air taxi sized!)... any local entrepreneur out there with a few tens of millions to lose a million? If you can't even fill a J41 then things are grim.

4m pax by 2030 seems a long way away - and I don't think was ever realistic given the volatility of our only main industry.
Fair point there , with the Westminster Govt.
Bringing forward the ban on Internal combustion engines by 2030 , trains by a decade later, other than heating I can't help but wonder if those oil companies will stick around .
I imagine a fair chunk of their core business is fuel for British road traffic .
What becomes of the city then with an upgraded airport , Uber expensive new road .
You'd think they would be needing more aircraft not less to do the London route .
So what has caused this drop , are BA still serving the route to LHR? ( sorry I've not read the whole topic thread ).