PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737MAX Stab Trim architecture
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2018, 23:06
CONSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And only a few minutes to solve . . . " I'm sorry dave . . "
- Must continue to fly the airplane vertical/pitch axis with column and use control wheel mounted stabilizer trim switches to offload column forces while sorting out the situation. HAL never said "I'm sorry Dave", but HAL did continue to give errant nose down stabilizer increments that seem to have eventually overwhelmed Dave.

Let me add that with this and all of my entries on this topic I am not trying to place blame for this tragic accident on any one party. I am merely trying to shed some light on how the system involved functions so that all can better understand what this crew faced.

May all of those 189 souls rest in peace and everyone they left behind find the support and comfort that they need to face life after this horrific loss.

Respectfully submitted - FCEng84
Appreciate your explanations- like you not trying to blame any ONE.. but perhaps the ' committee ' approach needs revision to incorporate " murphy "

And correct me if the combination of mCAS, stick shaker, control column inputs ALSO increases the control force ( FEEL ) to some max limit. possibly requiring both hands (and planted feet ) to pull back but while in a dive everone becomes nearly weightless held only by harness ?