PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2018, 14:39
Enzo999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GS-Alpha
Enzo, I find myself wondering why you chose to join BA if you find a seniority system so offensive? I am not passing comment on whether such a system is good or bad, but you surely knew it was like this within BA? Why did you not choose to join a different airline where seniority isn’t quite so important? It is akin to choosing to move to France but then finding it offensive that everyone speaks French.
Well it’s simple really, I needed a job that was not a contract position, my family are all very settled in the SE and I did not want to relocate them, I liked short haul flying so my options were very small and I naively thought how bad can it be.

Just for clarification it’s not the seniority system per se I find offensive, I understand it’s a nessecary evil. It’s the attitude it installs in others that their lives are somehow more important than mine, that my time and family are less valuable simply because I happened to join a company later.

The trouble is the seniorty system at BA is so deep routed and ingrained that it affects the very fabric of your life and it’s almost impossible to understand until you live with it. There will be people on this formum reading this who will still join and in a years time you will be shouting at them with the same “you knew what it was like before you joined” BS.