PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2018, 10:36
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Panel3
I've done 14 years in BA now and have seen terms and conditions erode but I don't and I hope don't negotiate a new seniority bidding gradient. I, like most was the same on joining thinking it not fair to miss out on weekends and some of my colleagues almost demanding that they should have weekends off and more control over their rostering but it is a fair system, even now. We were ALL junior when we joined, we have ALL missed out on weekends, parties, family time but as your seniority grows, you gain more control. That is a fair system and the reward for loyalty and years put in. That is what you are or have joined. I get tired of newbies coming in and saying, you don't understand, it's not fair, it's alright for you but rest assured my first 6 years in were very much the same. Suck it up.
Ah yes the I suffered it so you must argument. If the human race had that attitude we’d have never progressed beyond the dark ages. Alexander Fleming’s history could be very different, “well guys I’ve discovered this fantastic medicine that protects against the spread of disease but I’m afraid I won’t be releasing it to the general public because our generations before didn’t have it, bad luck”.

red9 if they’re truly tracking the iPad then simple, I shall be switching it off for the 24h period preceding the first day of a block of work.