PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2018, 09:46
red9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panel3:
I've done 14 years in BA now and have seen terms and conditions erode but I don't and I hope don't negotiate a new seniority bidding gradient. I, like most was the same on joining thinking it not fair to miss out on weekends and some of my colleagues almost demanding that they should have weekends off and more control over their rostering but it is a fair system, even now. We were ALL junior when we joined, we have ALL missed out on weekends, parties, family time but as your seniority grows, you gain more control. That is a fair system and the reward for loyalty and years put in. That is what you are or have joined. I get tired of newbies coming in and saying, you don't understand, it's not fair, it's alright for you but rest assured my first 6 years in were very much the same. Suck it up.
I have nearly seven years in and remain at 80% MSL........
RexBanner:
One simple issue with that, just because that’s where their registered address is, doesn’t mean that that’s where they’ve come from that morning/day. People can and do book hotels within spitting distance of T5 (information unavailable to BA due to all sorts of data protection laws). Short of fitting a GPS tracker to everyone’s car and monitoring that car in and out of the car park, it is impossible to know how anyone has made it into work that day unless they’ve travelled with British Airways on a flight.
They are tracking the company issued ipad.

Wiggy:
BTW I’m struggling to find any missive from BA saying you should be back in the U.K. the day before departure.
A friend received a phone call from bizarrely a traing manager questioning his hotline flight ( returning from holiday in Europe ie not LH ) when he had an early report the next day - It wasnt very friendly.