PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopean infos.
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2018, 10:04
Trimaranus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oblivion67
Hi everyone,

Apologies in advance if these questions are repetitive but I have checked the forums and can't seem to find the answers. If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it. I sent a couple of PM'S too

Anyone have a rough time frame for getting on line on the 737? Are we talking like 30-40 days,assuming minimum sectors? And would I then need to do the 20 days on before going on the regular roster? I'm trying to gauge how long I would be in country after starting,before getting home. As we are coming into the Christmas now I am trying to juggle a couple of things. I am due in Addis next week. I figured I'd probs be there till mid January. I know...how long is a piece of string right?

Another biggie for me...if I wanted to get my missus down for new years, is there any staff travel for family or is that after completing training or a certain time? I do not have much experience with ZED travel or ID90 as I worked for a LCC for 10 years so it wasn't really in the vocabulary.

With regards the accommodation situation, as I understand it, they will cover the hotel for 30 days or until completing training? If they are not paying salary until you are line checked, I may have to pay for accommodation before seeing any wages? It's a little vague.

Having said that,I'm looking forward to the trip and I appreciate any help y'all can offer. Feel free to PM me!

Cheers.
regarding ID-ZED you have 6 round trip tickets per year. On new contract they removed the 2 business class tickets. So now only economy ones.
they also decreased salaries by 10% by removing the 6 months bonus (which now comes after 3 years) and removed the other bonus that was paid yearly after the third year of service.
they are in an endemic shortage that is producing scheduling monster. (The last is a cargo new york round trip from europe with no rest in the usa!) it use to be a decent place to work but now the operational fatigue is beyond any acceptable limit