PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is a 0% pay rise really acceptable?
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2018, 03:43
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liam G

Originally Posted by Liam Gallagher
Forget asking when was the last time you got a payrise comparable with inflation.

I recently flew with a management pilot who was bragging the HKAOA was going to sign away CC/TB for the promise of 1%. He was p!ssing himself with laughter.

So the question you should be asking is when was the last time the HKAOA got a pay rise without the threat of CC? I think the answer is mid-2000 when the Company unilaterally awarded between 0-3% following failed pay talks. The next pay deal was 2010 which was only achieved following the members (not the GC) threatening CC. Then we had AT imposing a pay rise in late 2014 to try and buy us out of CC. Then we had another 2 year pay deal in 2015 to get us out of CC.

The facts cannot be disputed. In the past 12 years, no CC = no pay rise. Another fact, once B scale arrived, A Scale never received another pay rise. So for all the LEPs who might be tempted to sign away CC/TB for the promise of 1% and a few thousand of HKPA, you can kiss goodbye to ever receiving another payrise. For those who have in their COS that P'Fund is as per company policy, the only thing standing between you and elements of COS18, like $1800 per month P fund is "hope".

Time to think very carefully.

LIam I like reading your posts though I often disagree with you here and IRL. But I just wanted to correct you on a couple of things.

1) I call 100% bull**** on you "recently flew with a management pilot" - you haven't. But please contact me or PM here if you wish to prove me wrong.
2) A scale got payrises in 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996. So saying that there were no more payrises after the introduction of B scales is factually incorrect.

I don't mind that you want to keep saying over and over that the sky is falling. But don't make up 'facts' like unitedabx and his secret recordings.

Liam G by my best guess your views are representative of about 20% of the membership so they are relevant as that is a significant minority. But argue on the merits and facts - don't make up bull**** - doing that just says you aren't very confident of your argument swaying people.