PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 9th Dec 2018, 09:51
Onceapilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SASless
Am I correct in assuming the Tail Rotor cannot be controlled manually in the event of a dual hydraulic failure?
Hi SASless,
Unfortunately, I cannot tell if the T/R system offers any level of T/R manual-only control or, the response of the T/R blade pitch to total loss of Hyd power. I will have to take issue with the writers of the report here. Under the paragraph "Tail rotor control operation" there is scant detail. Particularly, the "servo actuator" component is arrowed twice on the illustrations but not referred to in the para. Additionally, this part of the para "The lever pivots around the connection at the control shaft end and creates a demand on the hydraulic system via the SOLENOID VALVE, which moves the hydraulic piston and control shaft of the actuator" seems to be in error as a solenoid valve is an electrically operated valve. Should one read this to understand that movement of the lever is switching a solenoid valve? Hmmmm

OAP