PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2018, 12:47
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GS-Alpha
You can’t just slam from reverse into forward gear. Getting everyone onto the same terms and conditions requires positive forward motion. I don’t think you can expect to push back against BA quite so aggressively straight from the off. That’s unrealistic in my opinion. However, first things first, we need to stop BA picking us off one by one. Once that has been achieved then we can work to reversing stuff. But even if no reversing happens, we’d be doing ourselves a massive favour just by stamping on the relentless chipping away.
I had a conversation with a colleague at work while the pension stuff was ongoing. It was clear he really wasn't happy and I said we need to all stand together so would support his camp ie NAPS members and vote for industrial action if the time came and those affected felt it necessary. In almost the same sentence his reply was "well don't expect me to go on strike for BARP"....lovely!

Drastic action is required and it's not a case of being agressive towards BA. It's simply a matter of unifying the workforce. I agree it's hopeful to think such a thing could happen but in my humble opinion it's what's required. Until we're more unified the company will continue to pick us off one by one and the Me Me / I'm alright Jack's play right into their hands.

Just to add, this tactic isn't unique to BA. They just do it better than most.