PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC in Asia / China
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2018, 20:14
seventhreedriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Just being back from a nice holiday in Thailand, and having spend a month in Vietnam some years ago as well I am very interested to turn my life around and move to Asia."

Here lies the big difference: being somewhere on holiday goes nowhere near where your problems might be... It might be funny that the taxi driver or waiter misunderstands every word you say, but it wears you down quite quickly once you realise that there is no way back, you do not have a job back home... I was in Vietnam for a bit more than 3 years. I enjoyed every minute of my time there, had no problems with ops or the colleagues. I still miss it 5 years on, but I would not go back from my current job. I am happy I went, as the experience cleared the "bigger shiny jet the better" and "I have to join a flag carrier" syndrome out of my system. If you can go on unpaid leave for at least a year, you might want to try nevertheless. Do not go for less than a year as for a few month, due to the new circumstances, even the dark side of the Moon might seem better than where you are now.

Iggy is a wise man, listen to what he has to say!