PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Dec 2018, 16:39
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Yes the money can be tempting, BUT....

AIMINGHIGH:

All the reasons you have for coming here are valid. Most people look at the cost/benefit and work out they could probably save money or be better off in EK. BUT don’t let the money be the primary reason for you coming here.

If you are capable of sticking to a budget and saving on your current salary, you will be able to save money in Dubai as an f/o. But if that doesn’t sound like you, there are lots of shiny things to take your money over here....

The fact your your wife has lived in the ME before is good. You also have friends here, good. As you’ve found you’ll get a better idea about Dubai from them than on Pprune. As you’ve seen there’s plenty of people on here that will tear you down or just post negative comments.

As for EK:
The comments about fatigue and being tired are not to be taken lightly. It affects some more than others. Personally I don’t find it to bad, but be prepared to walk around like a zombie a couple of days a month after getting back from a night flight. As an example the worst month I had 5 night turnarounds plus every layover also left Dubai around 9pm. That month I would have lost at least 10 nights of sleep (between 10pm-5am). It’s something thing you won’t get anywhere else.

I’ve also come across a string of grumpy Captains recently who just shouldn’t be here. Makes it a tough day when the other guy is pissed off with life. (Yes you can all blame EK but your job doesn’t define you does it?!)

Overall we are reasonably happy here (for now). But at some point everyone will want to go home. The question is what will you do then?

Last edited by aviation_enthus; 7th Dec 2018 at 16:51.