PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2018, 11:13
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Betablockeruk
Will be interesting to know which flights?

I'm sure the massive development of the city centre has increased the number of business types in and out of the area - did you know....there are over 60 cranes up in the city centre Crane spotting
I'll just say that one was going east and one was going west. I was surprised at the Westbound tbh but then I reflected for a while and realized that actually there are pretty limited options going that way in the winter months for full service flying. If the airport is to be taken seriously as a true gateway going forward, that will have to change. It's alright saying 'we have non-stop flights to Los Angeles' but if they only go for a few weeks in the summer, they're not much better than holiday charter flights

Unscientific observations but I would say yes there are a few wealthy leisure flyers up front but there always has been. You'll find that front cabins on the full service airlines are still predominently business orientated if you end up chatting in the bars on those airlines that have social areas. It does seem that Manchester (the place) is booming though so no doubt that is a contributory factor..