PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Dec 2018, 08:07
737driverUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good day fellow aviators,

New on this forum thing and would like to get some feedback. I have been scrolling through previous posts but since its a huge forum, excuse me for asking questions you might have seen.

I am from the US and currently flying for a airline here on the Boeing 737. I am coming close to meeting the requirements of various carriers in the Middle East and Qatar is one of them for sure. I know with the pilot shortage worldwide, I can perhaps walk into a legacy airline here in the US in the future but since I hail from the sandpit originally, I would love to fly back closer to home and culture that I have my roots from, so therefore, flying for a carrier in the ME is my first priority.

I did see on the forum for Qatar that currently they are recruiting for TR Boeing First Officers, i am flying all series of the Boeing right now however bulk of my time is on the classic 737. Since they specifically stated they require NG time, can I still apply for the TR or my best bet would be just to wait for the NTR window to open and apply as a NTR candidate as I have the 1000hr jet time requirement made.

Also, how is the training structure in Qatar Airways, i have heard some stories about other carriers in the GULF so would like for someone to elaborate more on that, and secondly how to prep for their interview process and what prep programs others have used in the past.

Lastly, how is the medical process in Qatar, are they picky like they are in UAE. The reason I ask is, I had a friend of mine who went to EK and they gave him a hard time about his weight, even though he was perfectly healthy and in good shape as he worked out, they follow the BMI number more there and his BMI was high and cause of that it took him about 3 months of medical tests/screening to clear him.

Honestly i thought it was a money making spree but, yes these are some of the questions I have in mind, before I apply at Qatar. Feel free to inbox me and I look forward to all of your feedback. Good luck to all in everything they desire to do. Cheers.

-----------------------------------------
You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.