PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2018, 09:28
toledoashley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daz211

I fully understand what a travel agent is and how it can provide a better experience to more complex travelers however if you look at what works you will see Jet2, Ryanair and EasyJet, what I would call the most successful out there don’t have shops and are online platforms only. Regarding the double shops which was left over from First choice,Thomson and Airtours, this just provides how slow Thomas Cook are at putting plans into action, closing one of the double shops should have been a priority and been dealt with immediately not a few years down the line.

Lets leave the shops aside for a minute, another major problem is the website it’s a poor experience compared to the likes of Jet2 Easyjet and Ryanair, it slow and not as easy to navigate as others also it looks very old fashioned and needs livened up.

Thomas Cook need to work fast and hard on lively, exiting and interactive social media and have a modern bright fun TV campaign but even with all this, it’s Thomas Cooks model that probably has to change to concentrate on seat only sales alongside a secondary package holiday part of the company, it’s not like they have to invent a bran new concept, all they have to do is follow the models of others out there.

Still I don’t here from anyone, on how things could be made better.

I would even contemplate a renaming. Maybe there should be a separate brand for what you are describing and the Thomas Cook brand retained for what is now called 'Signature' and Tours - where the Thomas Cook name has some kudos.