PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 4th Dec 2018, 18:30
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by W Smith
In EASA land all of your records - for your licence and for your medical certificate - have to be held by the same country.
Where the medical examinations and skill tests take place is up to the authorised examiners (medical and flying respectively).
I believe there can be difficulties with transferring away from Germany (and maybe Austria) to another State because their national law puts restrictions on transferring medical information out of the country.
That was the case until 2 years ago but now it seems a medical can be passed in any EASA country regardless of which country the licence is held. . As far as Germany is concerned, , I have tried it and passed it in Germany last year and the French DGAC accepts it no problem . . The medical certificate form has now "European union " on top instead of the country's name, "pertaining to a Part-FCL Licence" and " issued in accordance with Part-MED" at the bottom. However I am not sure every country accepts it from every other one , but France accepts Germans medicals .