PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So if it’s so bad....why aren’t you all quitting?
Old 4th Dec 2018, 12:36
morningcoffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Air Profit
Also comical and ironic that MC chooses to illustrate his comments by alluding to "getting a mortgage from a bank" in Aus or NZ. At least back home in Oz or NZ I could have some hope of actually affording a home. Here in HK, a pilot can barely afford groceries, school fees and the odd night out with the long suffering wife. There is NO hope of affording a home in HK on the current package. The fact that MC chose that example just illustrates how out of touch the management are. Most of them are quite happily "getting by" on ARAPA (as am I I will admit, or the Swires on their cushy packages), not even appreciating the irony of one of their managers using the cost of housing as a way to somehow convince people to stay in HK. Deluded, or just abjectly stupid. Which (or both) accurately describe MC?
Going off the starting pay at jetstar on the 320 after a newbie had survived GA, they could borrow $460k on a 30 year. That would get them a 1 br apt in Melbourne.
Almost.

Every man and his dog is getting off the AirNZ shortHAUL fleet, meanwhile CX pilots quit to sign up on the 320 in droves.

Still waiting to hear a good paying, reasonable days off flying job.