View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2018, 00:06
pumpkin

Originally Posted by 777boyo View Post
Pumpkin - itís been a few years since I left, but I distinctly recall being strongly advised to ensure that any funds arrived in my UK bank well before I arrived in order to avoid any potential tax implications. Fortunately this advice was largely academic for me because I was moving my funds and myself to another country, but it may be something you should look into to avoid any nasty surprises. Maybe some other leavers could comment further. I believe similar cautions apply to returning to the US. A secondary consideration involves the possible implications of arriving in any country these days with large amounts of cash due to Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism rules.
Best of luck.
7B
r
Just to clarify- I agree. I got the cheque, cashed it, and walked over to Al Rostamani and transferred it home. It took 4 working days to get there I think. Absolutely in most countries your cash needs to get there before you do( to avoid tax implications)- so I didnít want to ďrelyĒ on EK sorting out the transfer via the offshore managers as I had heard some people had to wait 6 weeks for their cash to show up. On another note- the days of having to carry a massive amount of cash to Al Rostamani etc are gone- I set up an account a month before I left and did a small trial transfer, then in my last day of service got the Ek cheque, deposited it my NBD account, then went to Al Rostamani and wrote a personal cheque to them for the entire amount- no problem.