PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ifnot Bartolini Air in Poland then what... GoldWings Warsaw?
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 20:17
flapsupboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedDragonFlyer
Thakara737 - What were your thoughts on your Bartolini visit?

Bartolini are, of course, a modular school. Many people, myself included, worry that despite great investment they'll struggle to get a job with this path. The reasons for and validity of this have been covered ad nauseam on this site- but it is a real worry.

What sets Bartolini apart (and why they are so popular) is definitely their employment record. Looking at their Facebook page, they must have had more than twenty students go to Ryanair in 2018 alone. They've also had students go to Jet2, flybe, Air Malta, Adria (quite a few to there actually), Stobart Air, Air Moldova, TUI Belgium, Cityjet, a few private jet operators and more.

I had a look at Global. The real worry with them is that they have very few reviews online. Also, the CPL/IR/MEP is over 2k more.
Bartolini is a well known school all over Europe and all over this forum.The guy who showed the school around told they have a policy where an aircraft reaches 3000hrs or 3 years,whichever first they sell the aircraft.When I was there already a twin and a 2002 was already sold and waiting for their new owner to pick them up.So no worries about the aircraft conditions.
They also will be starting MCC/JOC next year.He told me they have 4 sims. 1 A320 style one.1 B737.2 FNTPs for IR,one full motion.
The really annoying thing is the waiting list.Still the school has made a great name to have such a long waiting list.
Many former students have found out jobs in many airlines.I don't think this is due to the schools name or their connections with airlines.I think the school makes good pilots.Finding a job is up to us.The school might/might not have connections with airlines.Still we have to have the proper aptitude and attitude right?You won't end up in an airline just because you went to this school.
But I think having Bartolini Air as your CPL school on your CV might give you a pointer or two in an interview.

What are your thoughts?