PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So if it’s so bad....why aren’t you all quitting?
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 14:11
morningcoffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CxEx2

I am simply saying that while you seem to blow smoke up cx’s ass 24/7 and bitch about every other airline, such as training pay ect you are oblivious to the fact that CX essentially does the same thing to perfectly qualified pilots who have to do a stint in Adelaide. The one thing I do agree with you on is that this job is not what it used to be. However the difference is you still put up with the same bullsh*t everywhere else as well but you at least get to live in your home country and be able to have a good quality of life, not to mention spending 10 USD on a block of butter!
My point exactly. Unless you've been living under a rock, when you wander back to an F/O job at jetstar on a MEL base, head into a bank and ask what they'll give you mortgage wise. Then take that money and see what you can buy. Under a million buys you sweet fu*k all, unless you've got your time machine working and its 1983. Plenty wrong with CX but instead of the usual BS it would be nice to actually get an option that wasn't garbage. Why you'd head back home to NZ and take a shorthall job so you're never home and working like a blue ass fly defeats the purpose of heading home. You may as well do a few more years up here and then jack it in. If a CX commuter is home in NZ more than a 320 pilot then there's something wrong.