PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructors teaching full rudder to "pick up" dropped wing.
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 10:08
markkal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go out there fly a certified aerobatic aircraft ( For your safety) with a competent instructor, try different scenarios, incipient stall, aggravated stall (Falling leaf) fully developped spin and recoveries, takes 1 flight to demonstrate, many more to master, but worth a 1.000.000.000 words. And an argument that will never be resolved by endless talking will be sorted out once and for all.

Still cannot understand how people can advocate incipient spin recovery with ailerons, it is contrary to all the laws and aerodynamics and physics...And that full rudder recovery presents the risk of spin in the opposite direction.

Unconscious applied full forward stick (Held there) can lead to negative spin, and what nobody even mentions in this thread is that when application of "Full rudder" is applied i needs to be followed by centralising the rudder to complete the recovery maneuver. It is the lack of exposure to these scenarios, the unconscious inputs or the freezing at the controls due to fear of the unknown, which leads to this misunderstandings and consequent endless debates.

Do yourself a favour, go out there and experiment the whole thing then come back with your comments, ...I bet the debate will not wander in all directions as it is now. There are test pilots out there who have devised procedures for all scenarios meant for the average pilot. It's their job, so follow the flight manual, trust me they know what they are doing.