PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Services Publications
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2018, 03:29
By George

Received 56 Likes on 14 Posts
Ah, Yes, the good old CASA Log-Book. I couldn't agree more. When I was flying in Asia my partners in crime fitted nicely in the name column. Such names as 'Ng' and 'Lee', 'Ong' and 'Woo' were made for the CASA Log-Book. I did have the odd fail with my Indian buddies with such names as 'Balachandran' (lovely chap) and my good Thai friends invariably marched into the 'Journey and Remarks' column. On coming home, the 'Fothington-Symthes' had no chance. If you have more than a 100 hours in any column you have to write in tiny miniature script. All fine for you young ones but I have to go outside in the garden under the full sun. Yes, one can only assume it was designed by a lunatic. I have often thought of binding a few together but every time they have a 'Revision' or a 'Name Change' the design changes, not only in size and shape but the columns themselves. My original DA.7 from DCA days does not even have columns separating Multi-Engine from Single-Engine. In the end, there are more important things to worry about but I hear your frustrations..