PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2018, 00:46
KWS_787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just want to say good luck to everyone who are in the preliminary and final stages of the cadet pilot program.

A little background on my experience on the cadet pilot process:
I have completed all 4 stages and am awaiting their final approval reply. It took roughly 2 to 2.5 months from start to finish.

Personally, I find that the entire interview and selection process is very stringent and tough as they would want to select the best candidates possible. The interview process setup is very well managed and professional.

1. Be prepared for every scenario possible as questions can be asked from any industry and from any perspective.
2. Brush up on Singapore Airlines' history
- current and past fleet and size (SIA/MI/TR/CARGO)
- average fleet age
- SIA routes - what aircraft are flown on those routes
- awards SIA has won over the years
3. Why do you want to be a pilot? - prove it? what makes you so different than every candidate out there? Why should we choose you?
4. Keep up with current aviation news
5. Watch Air Crash Investigations - if not just make sure you read up on those crashes
6. Watch the documentary on SIA on YouTube.
7. Know everything about the major aircraft types plus engines - (i.e. MTOW, Thrust, MLW, Range, Capacity, Hydraulic System)

When answering the interviewers, be firm with your answer and if possible, justify your views. DO NOT be a timid person who mumbles when replying.

I personally believe that the interviewers are looking for candidates who can think out of the box.

I wish everyone all the best in the interviews and aptitude test. Be confident in your answers and don't be disheartened if you do not get selected. There are other pathways to fulfill your dreams to fly.