PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2018, 09:26
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotting
Does anyone know whether BALPA already did some proposals for salary improvements? and are there some rumors? I think that it would be good if they look to the other legacy carriers e.g. at Lufthansa and Air France - KLM? Despite the relatively weak profit (compared to Lufthansa and IAG) Air France- KLM pilots got 4% pay rise and company agreed on more off-days for trips.
To be honest I think BA should not compare itself with Ryan Air and easy Jet but with the legacy carriers.
There are plenty of rumours and optimistic expectations but there is at least one poster here closer to the talks (which are only just starting) than I am so I’ll let them comment if they are able to do so....

I wouldn’t disagree with how benchmarking has been handled....but the big big problem that the BACC and the members will need to tackle in order to achieve a meaningful percentage rise to basic pay is the determination that BA management have always displayed to avoid a pilot specific pay deal, on the grounds that any such “special” deal will encourage unrest and dissatisfaction in other areas ( yes I know..). Any fairly minor pilot only “add ons” that have been plugged into deals in the past have tended to have been well disguised.