PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2018, 12:24
Enzo999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JulietSierra6

Hang on, I haven’t reinvented the pay scales. I and you alike knew what they were when we joined. Where you consider it acceptable to take command (if available) on those scales is personal choice. If a LH command suddenly became very junior would you be accusing them of lowering T’s & C’s for taking it? Out of interest at what pay point does it suddenly become acceptable to take command?

I have made a personal choice for my family and I to be in the seat I want to be in at the base of my choice if (read when) the industry takes a downward turn and the current levels of movement stop.
Agreed and good on you for taking it. The reason nobody wants SH command are clearly not financial because a year 12 SFO would be rewarded very proportionately for taking the job. They don’t want it because their lives are too comfortable on LH and they lack motivation to make the change. Don’t go blaming Junior guys for taking a job you don’t want, espically when they had no influence on determining the pay scales, unlike some!! Are you suggesting someone turns down a 30 percent pay rise to do the same job in a different seat just because EasyJet pilots get paid more? It’s BALPAs job to bargain for the collective not the individuals, unfortunately our union are too distracted by bunk dressings and cockpit cleaning to actually care.

Secondly any attempt by junior guys in increase their pay would almost certainly be met with horror by many within the BA community who have been very vocal on various forums that any attempt to improve their conditions would be blocked because it’s “robbing Peter to pay Paul”! So you won’t let us get improved conditions then shout at us when we pick at the crumbs you guys have left. And for anyone wondering why BA is such a fractured, unpleasant working enviroment there you have it!