PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2018, 18:30
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mik3bravo
Why not. Freedom of the markets and weak Pound makes it an attractive deal. Though post acquisition I remain intrigued at the notion there'll be an option to restructure Flybe, pool the fuel hedging in with that of the wider IAG consortium hedging, restructure aircraft leasing using investment vehicles taxed domiciled out of Dublin, using refreshed aircraft leasing arrangements using leasing arrangements domiciled from Dublin, that will free up significant cost overheads which are strangling Flybe. Registered the entire fleet to EI, refinance debt with a new bond, collateral or parental guarantee from IAG, strip out waste and back office, pool it all including IT using existing IT and back office functions of the wider IAG operations. These sort of measures give Flybe a better than fighting chance to prosper and grow and it will secure if not create greater employment opportunities for flight crew and cabin crew, ultimately save jobs, grow and contribute to the national economy. I'm quietly confident, this could end up quite good for Flybe and it's crews.

I'm not convinced some of the companies touted in the media as being potential buyers are the right buyers to deliver and capitalise on a deal. Deep pockets, investment heavy weight is needed in the debt markets to put a bond away, for me IAG is the 100-pound gorilla in this shake down. Just my humble personal opinion.
Love your optimism but I don't see a good side coming from this. More like a Monarch story. Hopefully your are right.